LSTC WinSuite Installation Guide
Table of Contents
- Microsoft Windows 7 or higher
- CPU type and memory requirements highly depend on the model size and the analysis type
- Hard drive should have at least 100 GB, again requirements highly depend on application, numerical model and the analysis type.
- A modern graphic card is needed for visualization
- Internet access is needed to download the installer
- An e-mail client and a working e-mail address are needed to acquire the license.
- A working network connection to the license server is required if the license is retrieved from a license server.
The LSTC WinSuite Installer contains the following LSTC products:
- LS-DYNA®, a general-purpose finite element program capable of simulating complex real world problems (MPP and SMP versions).
- The LS-DYNA® license server software.
- LS-OPT®, a standalone Design Optimization and Probabilistic Analysis package with an interface to LS-DYNA.
- LS-PrePost®, an advanced pre and post-processor that is delivered free with LS-DYNA.
- LS-Run®, a convenient scheduler and GUI for LS-DYNA.
- LS-TaSC®, a Topology and Shape Computation tool.
And the following documentation:
- The LS-DYNA Keyword User’s Manuals (VOL I – III) and the LS-DYNA Theory Manual.
- Benchmarks, Examples, Guidelines and Tutorial documentation and input files.
To use LSTC products, a license is required which can be requested from the LSTC Sales Department (email@example.com) or your local distributor.
Support for LSTC products is available via firstname.lastname@example.org or your local distributor.
The LSTC WinSuite Installer can be downloaded here.
You will need credentials to access this website which can be requested from email@example.com.
The directory contains one or more LSTC WinSuite installer files, where installer file names follow the following naming convention:
LSTC-WinSuite_R<LS-DYNA release version>_r<Installer revision number> - win-x64-installer.exe
• LS-DYNA release version is the LS-DYNA release version number which is included in this installer.
• Installer revision number is the revision number of the installer.
If you unsure which installer revision you need, choose the one with the highest installer revision number.
You may also download the video file “install_and_run_LS-DYNA.mp4”
Save the LSTC WinSuite installer file and the install video to a convenient location.
To execute the LSTC WinSuite installer please double-click on the installer icon.
You may want to watch the install video first to get and overview of the options the installer provides.
Please be aware, that beginning with the R10.0.0 installer, the examples can be installed via LS-Run.
Choose “Help” and “Extract models” to start the installer for the Benchmark and example models as well as the Guidelines and tutorials.
The license server is set up via LS-Run. Please refer to the LS-Run help menu for further details.
Neither LSTC nor the authors assume any responsibility for the validity, accuracy, or applicability of any results obtained from this system. The user must verify his own results.
LSTC endeavors to make the LS-DYNA code as complete, accurate and easy to use as possible.
Suggestions and comments are welcomed. Please report any errors encountered in either the documentation or results immediately to LSTC through your site focus.
The use of trademarks or names of manufacturers in this document is for accurate reporting and does not constitute an official endorsement, either expressed or implied, of such products or manufacturers.
The benchmarks, examples, guidelines and tutorials described herein are for illustrative purposes only. LSTC does not warrant that a user of these or other LS-DYNA features will experience the same or similar results or that a feature will meet the user’s particular requirements or operate error free. FURTHERMORE, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN, WITH RESPECT TO THE DOCUMENTATION AND SOFTWARE DESCRIBED HEREIN INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES (i) OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR (ii) FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSES, OR (iii) ARISING FROM COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR DEALING, OR FROM USAGE OF TRADE OR. THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER REMEDIES FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY.